WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://josephkokumu.com. This is the official website for DJ Lifa, who is a popular Christian music songwriter, producer and DJ based in Nairobi, Kenya. You can read more about DJ Lifa through this link https://josephkokumu.com/about
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
- Contact information. We ask users to register with the site by providing their name, email address, and telephone number so they may login to the site and access certain services, download music, instrumentals, DJ mixes and other content we offer.
- User name and password for account creation. This website is free to use and content can be viewed and played even without creating an account. However, for you to download content, you must create an account in the website. If you do create an account, we may collect your user name and password. Please note that if you choose to create an account, you will create a custom username. Usernames are moderated with the aim of preventing you from using any personal information to create an account. Additionally, passwords are encrypted.
- Rough geolocation information. When signing up or browsing on this site, we collect your zip code and other rough information about your location or country, solely to provide you with localized content.
- Search queries. Our Services may include search fields that allow you to search (only within the Services) for content or answers to questions. We may collect information about what items and topics you query, and any additional search terms.
- Your content. We collect comments and other information that you post through interactive online features such as members group chats. However, all such information is either canned or moderated to avoid collecting personal information and to help maintain a safe environment for users. Some of our Services allow users to use to upload their photos or update their profile pictures.
- Correspondence you send to us. We may store correspondence with users related to our Services.
- Information about how our Services are used. We may collect information such as preferences, avatars, high scores, connections between friends, what videos are watched, or pages you view and links you click on within the website.
- Device information. We may collect information about your device, including hardware model, operating system version, and unique identifiers.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your Personal Information in order to:
(a) supply the services you have requested and correspond with you,
(b) provide support to you in respect of these services,
(c) improve our Site and services
(d) for our internal business processes, including providing support to our staff,
(e) where relevant, process your application for employment, your music submission request or advertisement request.
(f) where you have explicitly consented at the time we collected your Personal Information or where we otherwise have a right to do so, we may also use your Personal Information to let you know about our services, and job openings that may be of interest to you and/or inform you about important changes or developments to our services, by post, telephone and e-mail.
(g) from time to time, we may also use your Personal Information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. This will only happen where you have opted-in to receive such communications.
We may also use the Personal Information to customise the Site according to your interests.
If you change your mind about us using your Personal Information in the ways described in this Policy, please let us know by contacting us.
You may also opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the instructions outlined in any marketing email you receive from us.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing or research purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the details set out as below.
You have the right to see the Personal Information we hold about you and to ask us to:
(a) make any changes to ensure that any Personal Information we hold about you is accurate and up to date;
(b) erase or stop processing any Personal Information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or
(c) in some cases, transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party.
(d) we will, within the legally required timeframe, provide you with a complete list of all the personal data held on you upon request.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details as described below.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Do we share information we collect with any third parties?
We may share information that is collected from you or your child as follows:
- Authorized third-party vendors. We may share information with our third-party vendors to help us evaluate, develop and improve the Services, including performing usage analytics and data processing.
- Legal purposes. We do not rent or sell information to third parties, but we may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of users, or the public.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We use these technologies for measurement, analytics, and to improve our Services. For example, we use these technologies to help us recognize your browser as a previous user and save any preferences that may have been set; to help us customize the content shown while you use the Services; to provide you with content customized to your interests; to understand whether you read email messages and click on links contained within those messages, so that we can deliver relevant content and offers; and to help measure and research the effectiveness of our Services.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services, including to help us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics. We permit these third parties only to collect cookie information and similar identifiers that do not, on their own, directly identify you.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects may be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of our Services may no longer be available to you.
Note regarding do-not-track signals and similar mechanisms: Some web browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
We may aggregate information with information about other users in a way that does not directly identify you.
We also may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties, including to help us develop, analyze and improve content and Services. It is possible that the third parties may use this aggregated or de-identified information to develop their own products and service offerings.
HOW DO WE PROTECT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We take steps to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We have adopted reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect this information from misuse and alteration, including encryption as appropriate.
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require and, in any event, only for as long as the Data Protection Legislation allows.
Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will take steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee 100% security of your Personal Information transmitted via the Website; any transmission is therefore at your own risk.
We want you to feel confident using the Services, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
If so, please contact us at:
DJ LIfa – Customer Support
P.O. Box 79313-00200 Nairobi, Kenya